On Sunday, 23 June 2013 at 17:54:01 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
I assume it's a dynamic library.

PHP can work as fastcgi too.

But I kinda want to play with this now with shared libraries just for
something to do so maybe I will.

Awesome!

Eh, not so much. I started playing and got a thing saying Runtime.loadLibrary is not yet implemented on posix... so went to do it myself and got random segfaults, relating to the garbage collector (and yes, I tried Runtime.initialize).

I've never done a shared library plugin before so I could be doing something wrong, but it seems to me that druntime said it wasn't implemented yet for a reason, must still have some work to do there. Oh well, maybe I'll try again next release.