On 6/23/13 11:51 AM, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
I think it is just an accident of history that mod_php ever got used.
Classic cgi implementations were still slow enough (especially with an
interpreted language) that people wanted to try something else, but the
other world of options hadn't taken root yet either (I think mod_php
even slightly predates fastcgi's introduction), and continues to exist
just out of inertia.

OK so what's the way to go now? One process per request? Seems heavy to me seeing as most requests last very little.