Saaa wrote:
Why can't this be in official Phobos1?
It's a ploy from the D2 camp, right? :)

If by "ploy" you mean "Walter's official stance not to change D1 or
Phobos 1," then yes, it's a ploy.  But that's a bit harsh, no?
 I fixed it to how I meant it.

But I do find it a tad strange.
What disadvantage is there? Additional bugs maybe..
Sorry, this is probably a very old and closed discussion :)

I'm not sure that it's closed. Things generally cannot be removed from D1 phobos. And as long as D2 Phobos is in flux, porting D2 to D1 would be a problem -- D1 has to be stable, it can't have something added to it which is an unstable work-in-progress. The question of whether a stable part of Phobos D2 could be backported to Phobos1 is I think still open.

Also, if you need the Phobos docs from 2.008, just download the 2.008
DMD zip.  They're in there.

Maybe the docs could be on the project page, as now the links are to the latest phobos.