On Tuesday, 20 August 2013 at 06:50:12 UTC, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
On 2013-08-20 00:27, ProgrammingGhost wrote:

Is it possible that if I just try to compile 1 file it could imports enough libraries that import/need the definitions for additional large libraries which in turn also imports everything causing ram issues? I'm sure in practice this will almost never happen. But I don't doubt there are main libraries that use other large libraries and everything
imports/uses everything

I guess I should add that we do have some problems with RAM running the unit tests in Phobos (the standard library). But this is rather due to the heavy use of templates and other compile time features. Not because there is too much code/text in the files.

Hah, ram problems running the unittests..... This old laptop can't even summon enough ram to compile phobos at all!