On Tuesday, 20 August 2013 at 13:30:11 UTC, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
On 2013-08-20 13:21, John Colvin wrote:

Only 2GB

It can work... but I have to close everything else running first, otherwise it locks everything up and then crashes out complaining about
not having enough memory to fork.

Hmm, I'm pretty sure I have compiled Phobos on my MacBook, which only has 2GB.

Just from looking at htop while compiling, it looks like it uses approx. 800MB to compile phobos. It's not unusual for me to have a lot less than that free at any given time.

The interesting thing is that it crashes instead of just swapping...