On Tuesday, 20 August 2013 at 19:34:54 UTC, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
I have been planning to add a function like that but just haven't got around doing it. This is just a convenience function that is easy to add.

Cool, as I have said it is not something critical that would impact my voting, just personal preferences.

* The serializer does have state. It stores information about what's serialized and keep track that an object is not stored more than once in the archive and similar things.

Ah, makes sense. Well I guess then this is the power for robustness in data structure support and nothing can be done but hide it behind convenience wrappers. Sad but true :)