On Tuesday, 3 September 2013 at 21:26:46 UTC, Ramon wrote:
Now, if you will excuse me, I'll hurry to debian unstable *g

Latest GDC release is also in the soon-to-be released Ubuntu 13.10, if that's useful to you. And check D.Announce for the latest info on D packages in Arch Linux.

I can't remember if you've tried to build from source, but for what it's worth that's now a fairly straightforward, albeit time-consuming, process. So don't be afraid to do that in order to have the latest release. I can help guide you through it if you like.