On Sunday, 8 September 2013 at 01:53:02 UTC, Jonathan M Davis wrote:
I have no problem with it, though since I'm not likely to ever use it or contribute to it, I'm not sure that I particularly care one way or the other. I have no problem with people using IDEs and they can be nice, but I'm always a bit stumped by how important many people think they are and how they don't
seem to think that they can function without them.

People can function without them, they just choose not to :-)

Put it this way: when I code in D, I regularly have to look up documentation to find out what functions are available and what arguments a function has. I don't think I've ever done that in C++ or C# using Visual Studio.

And don't get me started on the debugging experience.