On 9/8/13 9:32 PM, Manu wrote:
On 8 September 2013 05:04, Walter Bright <newshou...@digitalmars.com
<mailto:newshou...@digitalmars.com>> wrote:

    Recent threads here have made it pretty clear that VisualD is a
    critical piece of D infrastructure. (VisualD integrated D usage into
    Microsoft Visual Studio.)

    Andrei, myself and Rainer (VisualD's champion) are all in agreement
    on this.

    What do you think?

How about the bugs?
When I made the suggestion, other the obvious endorsement for the
project, I imagined the most significant outcome would be making
Visual-D's bug's first-class bugs as well.
Giving good visibility of IDE bugs to all contributors gives the whole
community a good sense of the health of this aspect of the ecosystem,
even of they don't contribute to the IDE integration themselves...

I think we should use the D mainline bug flow for VisualD, effectively vaulting VisualD into a first-class component of the D language.

This opens the door to other projects as well - e.g. emacs and vim integration helpers.