On Sunday, 8 September 2013 at 21:08:59 UTC, Iain Buclaw wrote:
Against because we need a solution for *all* major platforms (Lx32, Lx64, *BSD, apple, w32,w64) and I'm worried that this resolution here might lead
to a "So, we *do* have an IDE. Case closed" attitude.

Why not cross-platform instead of *just* the major platforms? :o)

Because I have saved at least some crumbs of being realistic *g

I'm btw. *not* against Visual$$ and I *do* know and respect that it has a lot of happy and productive followers. MS has definitely done something quite right there. My point isn't "Ignore Visual$$! Hehe" but rather "Please, make sure to have happy linux and BSD users, too!".