On Sunday, 8 September 2013 at 04:47:04 UTC, Jonathan M Davis wrote:
On Saturday, September 07, 2013 10:00:05 Walter Bright wrote:
Outlining of member functions is the practice of placing the declaration of a member function in the struct/class/union, and placing the definition of
it at global scope in the module or even in another module.

http://wiki.dlang.org/DIP47

I confess that I really don't like this idea. I think that the separation of declarations and definitions is a serious downside of C++ and that it negatively impacts code maintenence. And from the recent discussion on this,
it's clear that quite a few people agree with me.

However, at the same time, there are some folks (like Manu) who really prefer to separate the declaration and definitions so that they can just see the signatures for an entire class' functions at once without seeing any definitions. Personally, I don't think that that's a big deal and that it's far better to just use generated documentation for that, but clearly there's not a
consensus on that.

</ snip>

- Jonathan M Davis

I completely agree with Jonathan!
This will only produce more code which will lead to more bugs and more maintenance.