On Monday, 9 September 2013 at 03:46:23 UTC, Manu wrote:
People make claims like "write better code, split it up better, document your code better, use the IDE folding", blah blah, but it's simply not the practical reality. The budget and schedule does not typically allow for careful consideration, design, and documentation of such throw away code
which glues the project together.

I think DDOC should be improved to handle this scenario. Being able to generate docs with undocumented members would be great for internal development of the module. I realize that doesn't address all your problems, but I think that is the correct direction.