Jarrett Billingsley wrote:
2009/6/29 MIURA Masahiro <echocham...@gmail.com>:
Yigal Chripun wrote:
do not tell other people what to think and what to write. this is not
china and you are not the great firewall.
grow up.
Apparently you don't share Jarrett's consciousness of the problem
that more important issues are left undiscussed.

Exactly.  It's not necessarily that I have a problem with people
discussing int.nan.  It's when people are discussing int.nan to death
when _there is a very real possibility that D has no future_.  And
when people bring up valid, uncomfortable truths and the resulting
discussion instead degrades into random, minor issues that have
nothing to do with the original post.

I disagree with the above.
first, people have a prerogative to discuss whatever they want to death. don't participate if you don't like it. second, saying that D has no future is illogical - the spec is open source and there is a fully open source compiler for it (LDC), so whatever happens it's always possible to just for it as D++ or communityD or whatever. thirdly, D has a dictator, Walter Bright, which decides its fate and we have almost zero influence on this.

your scripting language, while awesome, has little bearing on the future of the D language itself.

IMHO, the Tango vs. Phobos licensing issue is the biggest bikeshed color problem in the D realm and the only people that can solve it are the tango devs and walter and co. of which Neither are willing to budge. since I have no power to help solve this problem, I see no need to waste my time/energy on it. I see therefore only two options to proceed:
a. wait until it is solved by the relevant parties.
b. join a fork effort.