On 9/15/13 4:32 AM, Andrej Mitrovic wrote:
On 9/15/13, Vladimir Panteleev <vladi...@thecybershadow.net> wrote:
I'm not sure this is an improvement, functionally.

It's not an improvement at all. Ctrl+F doesn't work with this (like
you mentioned)

Again, that would be nicer done with an inline search box. We don't have to support the exact navigation mode in the new API. One obvious drawback of ^F working is that all symbols are there in sight.

Vladimir, do you think you could easily implement such an incremental search box (with autocompletion)?

, and the items list is not even sorted
alphabetically(!), so now we have to hunt down a symbol before we can
jump to it. Also, what used to be just one step (click), now becomes
more (click, scroll, click).

Sorting can be done, I thought natural order would impart some logic to the list.

The categorical table at the top of
http://dlang.org/phobos/std_algorithm.html is what I prefer the most,
we could implemented this on other pages.

Sure. My goal with this upgrade is to get rid of the unsightly bag of words at the top of most pages.