On 9/15/13 12:53 AM, Vladimir Panteleev wrote:
On Sunday, 15 September 2013 at 07:14:15 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
Check out the new navigation at
http://erdani.com/d/phobos/std_array.html. The ugly "Jump to" list as
the top gets replaced by a slick drop-down. Once you jump to a name,
you can go back by pressing the up arrow on the right or simply go to
top.

I'm not sure this is an improvement, functionally. Finding the right
item in much faster when you can see all items at once, and not lined up
on only one direction.

Not sure what that's based on, but at least for me that only works up to a few words. For large modules that's hopeless. Just look at:

http://dlang.org/phobos/std_datetime.html

Can you really pick up the desired term? I think http://erdani.com/d/phobos/std_datetime.html is a real improvement over that (it also reduces the size of the list to the top-level ones, which helps).

Also, Ctrl+F was more likely to find the link to
the correct item before than now (and if you used your browser's inline
search feature, then you could activate that link by pressing Enter).

I think some kind of outline would be more useful.

Of course better designs are welcome. One possibility is an incremental search box.

What happened with Ddox? This looks like an improvement in both function
and aesthetics:

http://vibed.org/temp/phobos/std/array.html

That would be a larger, future step. Walter noted some issues. Also things are a bit messed up right now - appender.html is missing, and the others don't expand D_RUN_CODE ARGS.