Am 16.09.2013 12:45, schrieb Andrei Alexandrescu:
On 9/15/13 11:34 PM, Sönke Ludwig wrote:
I need some form of authoritative decision on how to go about making (or
not making) the transition before I can start to work on the necessary
changes to the make file and the rest of the site. There is a suggestion
I made in the pull request:

https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/dlang.org/pull/267

What other changes need to be made in addition to what's in 267 now?

Andrei

My idea was to make a proper transition from the current docs to the new ones using a different path. Quoting from the pull:

- Adjust the make file so that the ddox documentation goes to "library/" and "library-prerelease/" instead of "phobos/" - leave the original documentation there - Keep the main documentation links pointed to "phobos/", but add a small secondary link to "library/" - (Optional) In the ddox documentation, add a link at the top of each page to the corresponding old doc page
 - Make the pull in this state
- Incorporate improvements for a while and eventually exchange the links, making "library/" the default

Maybe with "api" instead of "library".

The current state is that the new docs have a separate make target that needs to be invoked explicitly, but it will write to the same "phobos" folder.