On 17/09/2013 12:37, Bruno Medeiros wrote:
On 16/09/2013 22:39, Brad Roberts wrote:
On 9/16/13 8:52 AM, Bruno Medeiros wrote:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Manu's point with regards with
IDE "official endorsement" was
more to try to have the D language organization devs (Walter, Andrei,
etc.) *use* VisualD or another
IDE and understand the issues around it (especially with regards to
compiler/debugger integration).

If that's the definition of official endorsement, then sorry, not likely
to ever happen.  Demanding that the core devs develop with specific
tools is ridiculous in concept.  Would you switch because someone told
you to?  Me either.  I've been using vi(m) for about 20 years now.  My
fingers know what to do without conscious control.. I don't have the
free time nor the desire to retrain myself like that.

I agree, I don't think it's a realistic to expect that. I was just
pointing out Manu's idea, not agreeing with it.

Clarification: I think it's unrealistic to expected the core devs to use the IDE for all of their D development, yes. But it would be good to have them *try* it, to see how it works, to understand how others users would develop in D, what quality issues there could be with it, etc. In this regard I agree with Manu's comments.

--
Bruno Medeiros - Software Engineer