On 2013-09-29 12:25, Iain Buclaw wrote:

- Though I can't be sure because I don't know what it is actually doing
other than creating some custom bracketed segment (Really??? Is this
truly necessary? That's about as useful as having a separate calling
convention just for one language.  Oh wait!!!)  However, see point one
on why there is uncertainty surrounding this.

How is exception handling tables, module infos, GC range and TLS data handled now in GDC?

I guess we should change druntime to use "dl_iterate_phdr" on Linux and FreeBSD instead of these bracketed segments. Or is there some better way?

Mac OS X already uses "getsectbynamefromheader" and similar functions to avoid bracketed segments.

--
/Jacob Carlborg