On 29 September 2013 17:28, Jacob Carlborg <d...@me.com> wrote:
> On 2013-09-29 12:25, Iain Buclaw wrote:
>
>> - Though I can't be sure because I don't know what it is actually doing
>> other than creating some custom bracketed segment (Really??? Is this
>> truly necessary? That's about as useful as having a separate calling
>> convention just for one language.  Oh wait!!!)  However, see point one
>> on why there is uncertainty surrounding this.
>

> How is exception handling tables, module infos, GC range and TLS data
> handled now in GDC?

1. GDC uses libunwind for EH.
2. ModuleInfos  are put into a linked list - this is for all platforms
(which differs from dmd's runtime at last check).  There's a .ctor
function emitted into the module which attaches itself to
_Dmodule_ref.
3. I assume when you say GC range, you mean __data_start / _end?
4. TLS data depends on the platform.  Linux has a .tdata and .tbss
section that is not bracketed for example...

Regards
--
Iain Buclaw

*(p < e ? p++ : p) = (c & 0x0f) + '0';