On 2013-10-10 13:02:14 +0000, Jacob Carlborg <d...@me.com> said:

On 2013-10-10 13:17, Michel Fortin wrote:

http://michelf.ca/blog/2012/mutex-synchonization-in-d/

I think I like the idea, but won't you have the same problem as Jonathan described? You can't pass these variables to another function that doesn't expect it to be passed a synchronized variable. You can pass it to pure functions which mean you can probably pass it to a couple of more functions compared to using "shared".

Well, it's one piece of a puzzle. In itself it already is better than having to cast every time. Combined with a way to pass those variables to other functions safely, it should solve practically all the remaining problems that currently require a cast. But I don't have nice a solution for the later problem (short of adding more attributes).

--
Michel Fortin
michel.for...@michelf.ca