On Thursday, 10 October 2013 at 21:15:39 UTC, Sean Kelly wrote:
On Thursday, 10 October 2013 at 20:50:10 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:

I'm curious why NNTP would be blocked. I've been able to access it from any wifi hotspots I've tried it from.

My only guess is that usenet may be perceived as a illegal file sharing resource. But it's been a while since I've tried, so I'll give it another shot.

No luck. I can get to the SSL port (563) on usenet hosts that offer it, but not port 119 from anywhere I care to check news from.