On 2013-10-16 22:55, H. S. Teoh wrote:

Even *with* developer tools, where would you even start? I mean, the
blank page could have resulted from any one point of about 5kloc worth
of JS initialization code (which BTW dynamically loads in a whole bunch
of other JS code, each of which need to run their own initialization
which includes talking to a remote backend server and processing the
response data, all before anything even gets displayed on the page --
don't ask me why it was designed this way, this is what happens when you
take the browser-as-a-platform concept too far). I think (relatively)
recently Opera's Dragonfly added a feature to break into the debugger as
soon as an error is thrown (rather than only when it's unhandled), but
even that doesn't seem to catch all of the errors.

If you get an error the developer tools will show you where. At least it's a start.

--
/Jacob Carlborg