+1

What can I say? For the web I have to use JavaScript, PHP and Python. Imagine the amount of stupid-yet-hard-to-find bugs I've had to deal with. Bugs that you only become aware of at runtime.

Am much happier with D (or Java, Objective-C). As for the arguments concerning compile time, extra typing for typing, c'mon, they must be kidding.

Not to mention increased execution speed, not only in terms of script vs. binary, but also in terms of known type vs. dynamically assigned type.

Another issue I've come across is that languages like JS and PHP lend themselves to quick and dirty stuff, or rather seduce programmers to quick and dirty solutions. Languages like D guide you towards cleaner and better structured code.