On Wednesday, 16 October 2013 at 20:00:45 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
On 10/16/2013 8:37 AM, Sean Kelly wrote:
I'm reasonably okay with dynamic languages so long as you can require a variable to be declared before it's used. Those that implicitly declare on first assignment are a nightmare however. I once spent an entire day debugging a Lua app that turned out to be broken because of a typo in an
assignment. Never again.

Implicit declaration is such a bad idea; I wonder why it keeps reappearing in every new dynamic language du jour.

Kind of like null : it is easy to implement.