Le 15/11/2013 11:10, Joseph Rushton Wakeling a écrit :
On 15/11/13 00:37, Xavier Bigand wrote:
It's only a prototype for the moment, and it will certainly never
compatible
with QML files. But if you are only interested by property binding and
the
composition system of QML, DQuick will make you happy.

First of all -- thanks for your work on DQuick :-)

However, I think we have to acknowledge that Qt5 in general is a really
important toolkit that needs first-class D support.  This is only going
to become more true as more and more development moves onto mobile
platforms.

An effective QtD may be a hard problem but it's one that needs a solution.

My point of view is :
1) phobos will be same as Qt basic frameworks (utf string, network, io,...) 2) Moc try to provide some basic features of D that are missing in C++, like traits
 3) Widget model is deprecated
4) QML isn't perfect, there is a lot of hacks (I use it for a commercial application every days) 5) A D native GUI system will put D on stage, a such library it can demonstrate benefits of GC, signals, traits, concurrency,... on something that stay light.