On 2013-11-26 01:02:12 +0000, Andrei Alexandrescu said:

On 11/25/13 10:37 AM, Joseph Rushton Wakeling wrote:
Doesn't sound all that bad to me. After all the built-in complex must
be doing
something similar. Of course if a separate imaginary type helps this
and other
cases, we should define it.

Well, if you want it I'm happy to write the patch.  It's just I'm not
sure that what is happening with std.complex is actually wrong if it's
to be considered correct that 0 * inf = nan.

If you got the blessing of some complex number expert, that would be great.

Andrei

With any luck, I'll be working on my PhD in computational physics using D toward the end of next year. I'll definitely be giving feedback :) As of right now, I have been out of the computational physics field for too long to give good feedback. I can't wait to make a version of the concurrency library that works across machines :D