On 2013-11-29 15:10:27 +0000, Jacob Carlborg <d...@me.com> said:

On 2013-11-29 15:08, Manu wrote:

I've been very excited about this for a long time... why is it sitting
in limbo?

I don't know. It seems Walter don't want us to be worse than Objective-C, meaning he want ARC. But as far as I understand it, we couldn't come to an agreement on how to implement ARC. But to be able to be compatible with ARC in Objective-C we would need to follow that very

Actually, if you want ARC to be compatible with Objective-C, someone familiar with Objective-C memory management has to design and implement the thing. Anything designed to work for Objective-C can easily be retrofitted to work with other D types, but the reverse is not true. So I'd tend to say it'd be better to implement ARC as part of the D/Objective-C project first, otherwise you're trying to solve too many problems at the same time and it becomes a mess.

--
Michel Fortin
michel.for...@michelf.ca