On Sunday, 1 December 2013 at 06:00:08 UTC, Mike wrote:
On Sunday, 1 December 2013 at 05:23:19 UTC, Mike wrote:
On Sunday, 24 November 2013 at 18:38:19 UTC, Johannes Pfau wrote:
Am Sun, 24 Nov 2013 18:18:22 +0100
schrieb "jerro" <a...@a.com>:

It seems languages other than C are disabled for bare metal builds. You could try searching for cc.ini in your crosstool-ng installation and commenting out the line

if ! BARE_METAL

and

endif # ! BARE_METAL

Good to know. I'll prepare a patch
( I'm currently implementing cross-native builds for crosstool-NG
anyway)

Just tried again with crosstools-ng 1.19.0. I commented out the appropriate lines in my cc.ini file, but the build failed with...

" The following requested languages could not be built: d "

... in the build.log file.

Also, the instructions here (http://gdcproject.org/wiki/Cross%20Compiler/crosstool-NG) say:

"If druntime & phobos do not yet compile for your target you can disable them:

Start ct-ng menuconfig, go to "C compiler" and add "--disable-libphobos" to "Core gcc extra config" and "gcc extra config". "

While the "Core gcc extra config" option exists, "gcc extra config" does not.

The quest continues...

Thinking about this a little more, I figured the only way GCC would not no about D is if the GCC sources were not patched...and sure enough, I had crosstools pointing to the wrong folder. My mistake.

I was finally able to build a GDC cross compiler using GCC 4.8.2, the GDC 4.8 branch, and crosstools-ng 1.19.0. However, I found the following errors in the instructions located here (http://gdcproject.org/wiki/Cross%20Compiler/crosstool-NG)

1. The "Other Languages" option does not appear for a bare metal build. You must modify the cc.ini file to make it available per jerro's insructions above. Thanks jerro 2. The "Core gcc extra config" option exists, but the "gcc extra config" does not. It doesn't appear to be necessary, but I have yet to test this toolchain. 3. The "Paths and misc options, Local tarballs directory" option does not seem to be correct. For me, I had to go to "C Compiler" -> "gcc version" and choose "Custom gcc" and point crosstools-ng to the folder containing the merged GCC/GDC source code.

I hope this information is useful to someone.