Le 02/12/2013 08:42, Jacob Carlborg a écrit :
On 2013-11-28 21:54, Xavier Bigand wrote:

Yep, that the goal, having applications with a real personality. I don't
think it's an issue especially when application is full screen and
respect pictographs (icons and texts) standards,...

Having custom UI can help applications to improve ergonomic with
dedicated behaviors when it's needed.

D itself isn't limited to one policy, you can do objects or not,... the
only things that is important is to let a strong default couple of style
and ergonomic without adding complexity for users want do some custom
stuff.

What is native on windows ?
  - Win32
  - Winforms
  - Qt Widgets (that is near Win32)?

And on linux ?
  - GTK (with gnome and KDE)
  - Qt QML (KDE future)

A native UI isn't necessary considered as the standard one, maybe Qt
have a chance to be a real standard (on many platforms).

I would say that the native GUI is the one that is installed by default
and you can always rely on being available. Sure, that may mean multiple
native GUI's.

I think you are right