On Wednesday, 4 December 2013 at 09:31:06 UTC, Manu wrote:
On 4 December 2013 19:24, Jacob Carlborg <d...@me.com> wrote:

On 2013-12-04 10:12, Iain Buclaw wrote:

 Forget templates and everything else...

Then it's not complete, just as I said.

In a sense. But I don't think the goal is to be able to write C++ code in
D. It's just to achieve binary compatibility.
Templates in C++ must be declared in header files, and are rarely present
in libs. You almost never link a template instance.
In the extremely rare event that you want to (I've never wanted to), it's not inconceivable that an extern(C++) template with super-restrictive template parameter rules could be made to mangle the same as C++, and then
it truly would be complete :)
I personally have no use for this though... but it's probably technically
possible.

In Windows you have COM and now WinRT as a C++ ABI of some sort,
what about all the other platforms?

--
Paulo