On 2013-12-11 12:44:29 +0000, Simen Kjærås said:

http://wiki.dlang.org/DIP52

Abstract:
Implicit conversion to and from other types are useful, and is to some extent covered by existing language features. Some cases are currently not covered, but could be worthy additions to the toolbox.

I've tried to figure out good ways to add some sorely-needed implicit conversions to the language, but I'm sure there are details that need to be ironed out. In other words - destroy!

Although implicit conversions have some usecases, genrally they cause more damage then help.

One could use suggested mechanism for defining covariance/contravariance for user types, but it would be too adhoc and fragile.