On Friday, 13 December 2013 at 13:07:32 UTC, Rainer Schuetze wrote:
Implicite TLS in XP-DLLs has a workaround in druntime for a few years now (emulating it for the system). IIRC Denis has even found a solution how to unload these DLLs later.

There must still be some bugs, I tried the COM thing not long ago (I think it was October) and it worked so perfectly on Vista and Win7 yet failed so miserably on XP. D exes are fine, but the dll loaded into another program didn't work well at all.

Usually you should not create a lot of global variables, and if I do, I mostly want them shared. But coming from C++ I often tend to forget to add the modifier. I remember a few years ago, almost every occurrence of TLS in phobos was converted to shared or immutable...

Aye.