On Monday, 30 December 2013 at 08:15:21 UTC, Ritu wrote:

Nope. What you are asking for is basically a default constructor, which D does not provide.

Ok. Now I get why preblit can not be there.

Now how about postblit making both the source and target struct instance available? D makes only target object available. Is there a limitation why both source and target can not be made available?

Regards
- Ritu

Why would you want access to the original struct though, if you have a bit for bit copy? The *only* reason I could imagine, is to *mutate* the original struct...