On 12/30/13 3:29 AM, Benjamin Thaut wrote:
Am 30.12.2013 12:26, schrieb Ritu:

Yes. That way I could make sure that the class object in the struct gets
lazily initialized to the same object in both the source and the copied
struct instance. So in the appender example you earlier gave, both app1
and app2 can have the same internal object.

But then the source object may not be mutable. I am not a compiler
expert, but could a special case be made in D compiler for the cases
where the source struct instance is mutable and is made available to
ease such lazy initialization?

Regards
- Ritu

As I already said, the solution is another level of indirection. I had a
similar discussion with Andrei a while back and he made clear that there
is no intention in adding any other copy constructor / move constructor.
Postblit will stay as is.

Walter is reconsidering that.