On Monday, 23 December 2013 at 23:24:30 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:
On 12/23/13 4:25 AM, Dicebot wrote:
On Monday, 23 December 2013 at 12:03:05 UTC, ilya-stromberg wrote:
Can we add alias for `auto-expansion TypeTuple` and add link to the
previous documentation like this:

alias ExpandedTemplateArgumentList(T) = TemplateArgumentList!(T).expand;

It looks like it can fix all objections here.

What is this supposed to give over just using .expand directly? I have not seen a good rationale that justifies it among existing objections,
probably have missed it.

I also think that implicit expansion should not be frequent enough to justify its own abstraction.

Andrei

The thing is that you can build non expanding tuples on top of
expanding ones, not the other way around. So I think the language
should have buitin expanding tuples (and renamed something else
than tuple).