On Wednesday, 22 January 2014 at 00:50:36 UTC, Mariusz `shd` Gliwiński wrote:
On Monday, 20 January 2014 at 12:30:27 UTC, Chris wrote:
At work we use Ubuntu, however, I'm not at all happy with it and don't want to use it on my private computer. Which is the best alternative (I've been looking at OpenSUSE; Mint is based on Ubuntu/Debian but only shares the repository with Ubuntu (right?); Fedora has bad reviews at the moment and might be a pain to set up (drivers etc.)). I'm also considering FreeBSD, a completely different beast.

If you've never heard about it, NixOS is quite interesting project. It would require a bit of Linux knowledge and even worse - time - to use it.

OT:
Thank you very much for bring up NixOS. I found it quite interesting and am considering switching over to it from Arch on my laptop.
*tipsimageneryhat*