On Friday, 7 February 2014 at 12:17:42 UTC, Chris wrote:
Just out of interest, is there a way of capturing keystrokes in D? E.g. if you have a CLI application that wants to capture Ctrl+... and the like, and possibly control the cursor.

You can achieve this by interfacing operating system functions. If your target is windows you can take a look at my ScrollLocker project (https://github.com/PaulFreund/ScrollLocker). It is written in D and uses SetWindowsHookEx and WH_KEYBOARD_LL (low level keyboard hook) to capture key strokes (see helper/hooks.d). There should be similiar facilitys in other OS as well.

It should also be possible to get certain combinations in the cmd/shell but I don't know how.