Le 09/02/2014 21:15, francesco cattoglio a écrit :
However, the last point was directed to the D community. The language
needs to be more focused on being very good at some key areas, not
cover everything.
I totally agree on this, but the problem here is that
there are game developers out there, willing to use D. I also see lots
of movement from hobbysts. We can't ignore them completely. Undefinedly
long pauses are really bad for them, and something needs to be done. Be
it in user code, library solution or as core part of the language.

I agree that AAA titles are not the main right now, but this doesn't
mean indie projects shouldn't be doable. After all, 150 milliseconds
pauses are really annoying for pretty much any first person game.

With a pause of 150ms, you just can't play an animation of any kind. A lot of sample application like a movie play will require to use threads just cause of a GC? I don't find that simple. It's the same for GUI application, having 150ms of pause after a button hit can be horrible, again I don't think it has to be necessary to thread all UI applications even if it's simpler with a language like D.