On 2/11/14, 6:34 AM, Dicebot wrote:
On Tuesday, 11 February 2014 at 02:29:49 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
Same difference. A bunch of people can pull, I'm hardly the
bottleneck. It just means I failed to convince the community to get
those bounties done.

Andrei

Still that list (people with pull rights) is relatively short so it does
not make much sense to appeal to wider auditory.

Also I don't think volunteer effort can't be organized. It is a matter
of people identifying themselves as part of well-defined organization as
opposed to independent crowd of collaborators.

I think we could organize ourselves better, too. It's all a matter of finding the right angle. But I think management is not what we need. We need better leadership. Big difference.

It is a common wisdom
that if no one feels directly responsible for an issue, no one will ever
pay attention to it.

Yah, on the trite side even I'd opine :o). I said this several times now, and I'll say it again: I have asked SEVERAL TIMES people INDIVIDUALLY to do things that are HIGH IMPACT for the D language instead of something else that was more important to them, to no avail.

Of course, it would be learned helplessness to draw sweeping conclusions from the experience so far.

Do you need any specific proposals?

Suggestions for doing things better are gladly considered.