Am 27.02.2014 18:29, schrieb thedeemon:
On Thursday, 27 February 2014 at 10:27:41 UTC, Timothee Cour wrote:
A1)
Google's Dart (https://www.dartlang.org) looks like a very promising
replacement for javascript. It can compile to javascript to ensure
portability (but chromium runs it natively)

No, neither Chromium nor even Chrome run it natively. Only Dartium which
is a separate browser.

From what I understood on Dart talks last Google IO, work was planned to have V8 and Dart VM play together inside Chrome.

Personally, I think unless Google pushes the language fro ChromeOS or Android, it will hardly get any real market size.

Like it or not, JavaScript is good enough.

On my field of work, it doesn't matter how many cool languages I know,
we are usually bound by what the whole team is comfortable using, what the boss allows for and the technologies that are requested by the customers themselves.

--
Paulo