On Thursday, 27 February 2014 at 18:20:20 UTC, Paulo Pinto wrote:
clip

Like it or not, JavaScript is good enough.

Really? I've been stuck for the past week or so trying to put together a browser based UI using JavaScript + HTML for a work related project. It has been a painful experience. In fairness to JavaScript, I didn't know the language very well coming in, but still I've found working in this setting rather frustrating.

If the future of applications is really client-server based applications, where the client is basically a VM (if we consider the browser a VM of sorts) surely there is room for a better development model than this HTML + Javascript mongrel.