On Thursday, 6 March 2014 at 17:17:12 UTC, Atila Neves wrote:
Well, I found out the other day that vibe.d compiles with gdc now so I went back to see if it made any difference to the benchmarks I had.

In throughput it made none.

In the latency one it was about 5-10% faster with gdc compared to dmd, which is good, but it still didn't change the relative positions of the languages.

So that was anti-climatic. :P

Atila

Have you done any profiling of your code to really get a feel on what's taking the time? If it really is io bound then there's nothing gdc can really do to make it better.

Having said that, I've been getting similar results from gdc and dmd recently too, with ldc coming out as a very clear winner.