On Friday, 7 March 2014 at 08:23:09 UTC, Atila Neves wrote:
It was already far above the competition in the throughput benchmark anyway. What exactly doesn't feel right to you?

On Friday, 7 March 2014 at 05:44:16 UTC, Rikki Cattermole wrote:
On Thursday, 6 March 2014 at 17:17:12 UTC, Atila Neves wrote:
Well, I found out the other day that vibe.d compiles with gdc now so I went back to see if it made any difference to the benchmarks I had.

In throughput it made none.

In the latency one it was about 5-10% faster with gdc compared to dmd, which is good, but it still didn't change the relative positions of the languages.

So that was anti-climatic. :P

Atila

I'm suspecting that Vibe's performance is heavily based upon the systems state i.e. hdd. Not so much on the code generation. I don't know where we can get more performance out of it. But something doesn't quite feel right.

Mostly related to how heavy of an effect a systems IO can have on performance i.e. hdd. Avast makes things a lot worse as well. Thanks to its file system shield. Could possibly get a performance gain by utilising Window's event manager. At Least for Windows.