On Thu, 13 Mar 2014 14:36:24 -0400, Walter Bright <newshou...@digitalmars.com> wrote:

On 3/13/2014 11:04 AM, bossfong wrote:
Although it might sound very much like a Facebook fanboy, I would really like to have a way to agree to a post/someones opinion without having to go through the
(to me tedious) process of writing a reply.
I also think this would get rid of the "+1" posts, which I find to be annoying. Another reason why I think a Like/Thanks/Upvote/whateveryouwanttocallit feature
would be helpfully is the following:

I would also like a voting system, much like what reddit has. The downside is such a system can easily be gamed. I know reddit has stuff in place to blunt gaming, and such may be beyond our resources to do (it requires constant attention).

That may be one reason to use a pre-existing forum software.

My opinion is that we can put in a voting system, but require the person to have an account on forum.dlang.org to vote once. It doesn't have to be perfect.

Note that a voting system does not need to be tied to any kind of moderation. It can be simply informational.

-Steve