On 2014-04-06 19:39:31 +0000, "Ola Fosheim Grøstad" <ola.fosheim.grostad+dl...@gmail.com> said:

Unfortunately that seems to be years into the future? Although clang has begun implementing something:

http://clang.llvm.org/docs/Modules.html

I've got at feeling that if clang gets something working it will become a de-facto standard due to demand.

Modules are already in use on OS X for some system frameworks. It can result in slightly improved compile times. It has been enabled by default for new Xcode projects for some time. With modules enabled, clang interpret #includes as module imports for system frameworks having a module map. It's so transparent you probably won't notice anything has changed.

The only thing that really changes with modules is you don't have access to symbols you don't have imported yourself. D already works like that. I think D can ignore those modules, just like it ignores header files.

--
Michel Fortin
michel.for...@michelf.ca