Ary Borenszweig wrote:
Andrei Alexandrescu escribió:
bearophile wrote:
Andrei Alexandrescu:
Thanks. So it looks like get_property() and set_property() could fly. How does that sound?

Not too much good. Among the simpler solutions there's the 'property' attribute, that while not helping in reducing code (it makes code longer!) solves most problems, while being simple. It's the minimal solution that I think will work/fly.

We can't throw keywords at problems like they're getting out of style. I've noticed that here every little problem gets solved by a little keyword. If not, some arcane new syntax. Nobody seems to care about rewriting, which I think is best.

So what do you think about introducing attributes? Not only it will help not introducing new keyword, but it'll also *reduce* the amount of keywords that exist right now.

Attributes would be great, but you guys should stop asking me what I think and ask Walter. I seem to vaguely recall Walter isn't very excited about attributes.