On Tuesday, 29 April 2014 at 11:04:38 UTC, John Colvin wrote:
My bet is that D users will be able to produce the same sort of quick-fix libraries. The newsgroups are dominated by systems-type people and there is a serious emphasis on super-low-cost abstractions, but in my opinion D is a more than suitable language for throwing together something that just "does the job", but with much more pleasant routes for later optimisation than other languages.

To a certain extent, but some things are just easier in a dynamic language. Like reading a xml file, then decorate the nodes with your own class attributes an properties, transform it and dump it back to file.

Sure, you can do it in a stricter languge, but only if the library author planned for it.