On 6/15/2014 7:45 AM, Dicebot wrote:

I like how he says that productivity is important and mentions fear of
meta-programming in the same article ;)

Or how productivity is important, but fixing C++'s death-by-a-thousand-cuts productivity killers by...fixing those many little cuts as he already admits D *does*...isn't good enough because it doesn't come in the form of one big silver bullet. Like OO. Except, oops!, he doesn't like big silver bullets like OO either.

And every time a language *does* fix a C++ problem, it's suddenly backtracking time: "Oh, well, we already addressed that in C++ via some paperclips and chewing gum."

I don't think he even knows what he wants. He just wants to sit there and let somebody else wave a wand to magically solve ALL his problems simultaneously. Nothing less will do.

It really gets me that the same industry which created Frostbite 3, Unreal Engine 4, GTA5, Steam (obviously all enormous investments), mostly done *in* C++ which makes them that much MORE effort, will bitch *soo* much about C++ and STILL won't get off their asses enough to write, or even contribute to, a mere language.