I'm going to try my hand at making a game with 2.066, because I believe @nogc is a final piece in a puzzle of making doing that easy. Much like writing bare metal D code without the runtime, I'm going to try my hand at writing D code with the main function marked as @nogc, because I reckon it's going to leave me with a saner set of syntax and semantics than either C or C++ in the end, with none of the drawbracks from the stop the world effect in a game loop.

Having said that, I do think there's some kind of brain malfunction on the part of games programmers that makes them think "is slow and can't escape from" when they hear "garbage collector" and "makes things more complicated and slower" when they hear "template." Neither of these things are true.