I didn't know that the use of the c-word was considered misogynous,
and I don't consider it to be.  It's just an insult, and you're not
fighting sexism.  The software industry being what it is, one of the
most racist and sexist industries, your time is better spent writing
about that.  I do agree that it was inappropriate to insult him, but
it felt right.